Minutes of Cycleways meeting at the Fat Pug 11th April 2018

Priory Rd cycle route in Warwick. The agreed route with WCC was for an up- hill shared use path, with an on road down- hill route, but that is not what has been delivered. Instead, there is no access to it from the bottom of Priory Rd, thus no uphill route, but curiously there is a cycle route finish sign, just below Yeomanry Close, with a drop kerb and signed for cyclists to leave the path and return to the road. However, such a sign makes no sense since down -hill was always to be on road. Will find out more at the Cycle Forum meeting 17th April.

The Lib/Dem/Green motion for WCC to prepare a budget for cycling for the forthcoming year, was amended by the Tories to consider. Will circulate the WCC committee report.

Peace Festival 16-17th June. Agreement on the new flag, and to go for 2 sided at £85 + vat. Suggested theme for this year- Air quality, the WCC motion, and, if possible, a copy of the draft WCC map of proposed cycle routes for the Warwick District to have on display,.

Cubbington to Leamington cycle route, in the absence of a member, we decided to put any discussion on hold.

Newsletter (Peace Festival version) Will do an article on the WCC motion, an article on the Eco Fun Day, and one on bike security, and possible local rides.

A46 Link Road proposal. Agreed for report to go to Cllr Gifford.

Warwick District Cycle Forum, items for the meeting next Tuesday, 16th.

Warwick-Hampton Street route via the Racecourse stand. Really positive response from the Race course, so now up to WCC to take it on. To discuss at Cycle Forum

Warwick – Ansell way, the possible route alongside the railway. Has lodged an interest on our behalf with Network Rail and will follow that up. To also pursue through the Cycle Forum.

Cycle route to Warwick Parkway via Budbrook Trading Estate. The current footpath beneath the A46 needs widening to shared use. This requires permission from Highways England. To follow up through the Cycle Forum.

K2L Need to find out how the £8.5 million from HST2 is to be spent.

Europa Way. Good news about an on road, but separated 2 way cycle route. Need to know details of how it will link into the current cycle facilities on the Old Warwick Road.

 Cycle signage. Cllr Gifford and one other, possibly Cllr Davies, will use their discretionary grant to fund proper route signs.

AOB

Mentioned that WCC are looking at a dock-less cycle scheme for the new estates west of Europa Way, principally for commuting to/from Leamington station. When ideas have been firmed up, the guy at WCC could give a talk on this at a Cycleways meeting.

Kenilworth Alltogether Green Group. Has arranged to attend their next meeting 22nd May. Hopefully we could recruit a new contact (s) in Kenilworth from this.

Date of next meeting – 9th May

1 comment to Minutes of Cycleways meeting at the Fat Pug 11th April 2018

  • Ross McLean

    Please see below, i think the meeting you are referring to on the minutes is on the 9th rather than the 22nd.

    Kenilworth All Together Greener Notices for April/May 2018

    The next KATG meeting is on Wednesday 9th May 7.30pm at the Kenilworth Centre. Ivan Moss will be giving us a talk entitled: 20mph: How, why and when? He will be looking at how the layout and design of streets and roads can be used to calm traffic, improve safety and produce more attractive residential and shopping areas and how this is relevant to Kenilworth.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.