Cycleways meeting 14th February 2018 at the Fat Pug: Minutes

Outcomes of the Warwick Cycle Forum meeting:

Hampton Street Warwick – converting the public footpath that runs in front of the Racecourse stand to shared use, we have written to the Racecourse and WCC Cycling Officer will sort out the details of the gate at the western end of the path, and deal with signs.

Warwick – Ansell Way, Needs WCC to get permission for access from Network Rail

Warwick TC – Priory Road work nearing completion

Warwick PW station – converting the existing footpath to shared use beneath the A46, needs permission from Highways England, WCC to action

K2L – WCC received £8m from HS2 Community Fund, the opportunity to fund K2L

Europa Way – an on-road 2 way cycle lane, separated by a physical barrier is to be provided along the western side of Europa Way, but details of access at the northern end need clarification, should be dealt with at the next Cycle Forum

ASDA and the crossing of side roads – to be dealt with at the next Cycle Forum meeting

Cubbington into Leamington cycle route – Meeting with CC Nicola Davies to look at improvements from Lillington, will see how Cubbington could be included

Membership cards- stock finished, to organise replenishing.

Guys Cliffe Rd junction with Warwick Place concern expressed over feeling of safety when turning in off Warwick Place coming from the easterly direction. To contact CC Bill Gifford.

Myton Road cycle route- should be completed late Spring this year

Peace Festival- Agreed that we should get a flag with our new logo

Cycle Network Development Plan To get a couple of copies for the Peace Festival

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

  

  

  

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.