Next meeting: Wednesday 11 April 2018

Wednesday 11 April 2018 at 19.30, upstairs at The Fat Pug, Guys Cliffe Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 5BZ.

Cycleways meeting 14th February 2018 at the Fat Pug: Minutes

Outcomes of the Warwick Cycle Forum meeting:

Hampton Street Warwick – converting the public footpath that runs in front of the Racecourse stand to shared use, we have written to the Racecourse and WCC Cycling Officer will sort out the details of the gate at the western end of the path, and deal with signs.

Warwick – Ansell Way, Needs WCC to get permission for access from Network Rail

Warwick TC – Priory Road work nearing completion

Warwick PW station – converting the existing footpath to shared use beneath the A46, needs permission from Highways England, WCC to action

K2L – WCC received £8m from HS2 Community Fund, the opportunity to fund K2L

Europa Way – an on-road 2 way cycle lane, separated by a physical barrier is to be provided along the western side of Europa Way, but details of access at the northern end need clarification, should be dealt with at the next Cycle Forum

ASDA and the crossing of side roads – to be dealt with at the next Cycle Forum meeting

Cubbington into Leamington cycle route – Meeting with CC Nicola Davies to look at improvements from Lillington, will see how Cubbington could be included

Membership cards- stock finished, to organise replenishing.

Guys Cliffe Rd junction with Warwick Place concern expressed over feeling of safety when turning in off Warwick Place coming from the easterly direction. To contact CC Bill Gifford.

Myton Road cycle route- should be completed late Spring this year

Peace Festival- Agreed that we should get a flag with our new logo

Cycle Network Development Plan To get a couple of copies for the Peace Festival

Next meeting: Wednesday 14 March 2018

The next meeting is:

Wednesday 14 March 2018 at 19.30, upstairs at The Fat Pug, Guys Cliffe Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 5BZ.

Minutes of the meeting of Cycleways at the Fat Pug 10th January 2018

NW Warwick cycle route. One option is to by-pass the narrow section of Hampton Street, where it passes the Racecourse stand. This could be done by using the existing public footpath that runs inside the grandstand enclosure. Offered to write to the Racecourse to seek their written confirmation that they would be happy with this arrangement.

Kenilworth Community in Action meeting 10th Feb. Will ask if we could attend.

WCC spend of £0.88p per head. Need for our members to ask their County Councillor how much is allocated to be spent on cycling. Will circulate details. It was also felt that this is the sort of item that should come from cyclists across the county. For future reference it would be useful to have the contact details of cycle groups across the countyTo contact Shakespokes, etc. Offered to get an article in the Courier.

County Councillors, Discretionary Fund for minor highway improvements. To circulate details to our members.

Cllr Gifford suggested that for a project such as cycle route marking across Leamington, there could be shared support from himself, Cllrs Davies, Chilvers and Weston. Useful to follow TfLs work in London. When a draft plan of routes is ready, it would be useful to bring it to a Cycleways meeting to check through it.

 K2L and HS2 – Cllr Gifford has had preliminary discussions with county council cycling officer who confirmed that they were checking on the land ownership where the route of K2L is planned. Also they feel it would be best to apply for funding in 3 stages, because of the overall cost. It is worth noting that if WCC or WDC applied for the funds they would have to find 20% of the total cost. Whereas, if a community group applied they could get 100% contribution. That raises the interesting idea of Cycleways applying for the funds and employing its own consulting engineers to build K2L. Food for thought, discuss at our next meeting. Also there are 2 funds from HS2, could double check which one K2L is eligible to.

Newsletter – WDC Councillor Andrew Thompson has sent in his article on air pollution, to do Chairman’s comments, aim to send out end of this month.

Membership cards Agreed to post them out with a welcoming letter.

Cycling UK we all agreed on the renewal of membership for £75.

Eco Day date set for 29th April

Date of Next Meeting 14th February.

 

 

 

Next meeting: Wednesday 14 February (Valentine’s Day!) 2018

The next meeting is:

Wednesday 14 February (Valentine’s Day!) 2018 at 19.30, upstairs at The Fat Pug, Guys Cliffe Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 5BZ.